We just talked to the heart surgeon and the anesthesiologist and they said that the surgery should take about an hour. The anesthesiologist said that Max will be very comfortable for the next few hours from the muscle relaxers and pain medications. We know that these doctors are at the top of their game, but that alone does not give us the comfort we desperately need. Lord God, guide the hands and decisions of the surgeons, doctors and nurses...but also hold Max very near to You. Give him sweet dreams as he sleeps. Help the medications to keep any pain or discomfort at bay. We trust that You are surrounding him with Your love, a love that is so much bigger than even our love for him as parents.
We did get a call this morning that Wes needed to be put on the jet vent last night. His CO2 levels were high based, so they did a chest x-ray on him and he also has some "cloudy" areas in his lungs. They are performing all the tests to determine if he also has an infection. He had a recent blood test this morning and that showed a big improvement over last night, so we are thankful for that news. We pray that he does not have an infection, but if he does, that it be a treatable virus like Max's.
I will get another update on here when we hear how things went. Thank-you to all of the faithful prayer warriors that are holding up my son in prayer this morning. Words cannot express my gratitude.